Follow by Email

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Here I am world

"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  ~ Joseph Campbell~ 

Hello world.  It's me.  This blog has been in development in my mind for at least a year now.  Finally, I'm ready to take the plunge.  You see, I'm constantly afraid to put myself out there.  I wither with fear and turn into a shy, childlike state when it comes to expressing my true thoughts, ideas, and beliefs.  The older I get, I see time ticking by and realize that there is no time like the present.  What am I waiting for?  My yoga practice continually reveals to me how precious our time here is.  My kids growing up quickly is a constant reminder that I too am getting older.  Life is short and I don't want to waste a single second feeling overwhelmed and not connected to the glorious happenings of the present moment.

With heartfelt gratitude for all the many blessings in my life, I start each day.  I am passionate about yoga and enjoy an intense vigorous practice which includes lots of inversions.  Sometimes being upside down enables me to shift my perspective on life.  It matters not whether I find myself upside down in headstand, handstand, forearm balance, or simply legs up the wall, somehow, the complexities of life become more clear to me.

I cannot say enough how passionate I am about yoga or how the practice has cultivated positive changes in my life.  On the mat, yoga has given my body strength, flexibility, and improved my general health.   But the true benefits of yoga in my life can be found as I transcend into my daily routine off the mat.  Yoga has enabled me to see that the biggest privilege in my lifetime is being who I am!  I now am more confident in myself and have a deeper sense of self-worth.   Yoga has allowed me to develop patience with my children, improve communication with my husband, and it certainly has helped me to step back from situations and pause before I react.

  Anytime, that you are breathing, and fully present in each moment, this is yoga.  As I answer the same question for the fourth time to my five-year old daughter, I remind myself that I am in the exact perfect place at the exact perfect time.  In this moment, I am practicing yoga.  Cultivating patience, presence, as well as kindness and compassion for others are my intention.

I know that it is a privilege to be here right now.  With gratitude, love, and a new appreciation for self-worth, I am my best teacher.  Life is my laboratory and my aim is to experience the bliss that this life has to offer. 

However, for good measure, I still recommend turning your world upside down with a handstand, headstand, or any inversion of any kind, every day of your life.  It will shift your perspective and make your life a little brighter too. 

Now for instructions on how to enter a basic inversion so that you may try this on your own in the comfort of your own home.  It's really very simple.  Lie on your back near a wall space on either a yoga mat or soft floor.  Turning to your side, move your rear end up towards the wall until your side body is touching the wall.  Hug your knees into your chest and lie down placing your legs up the wall.  Relax deeply as your low back grounds into the floor and your legs extend upward.  Stay for 5 - 10 minutes, but up to 30 minutes if desired. 

Upside Down and Inside Out.  Explore your life in any given moment Upside Down and from the Inside Out.  Namaste'.

Amy Fecher RYT
afecher@woh.rr.com
937-620-7541
http://www.yourpersonalpath.com/

Where I Teach:
Private Yoga Consultations conducted in my home Yoga studio in Beavercreek, Ohio.  Please contact me personally for more information or visit my Website - http://www.yourpersonalpath.com/.

Please drop-in to one of my weekly public classes:

Practice Yoga - Open Level Power Vinyasa - Mondays and Wednesdays at 7:15 PM

Five Seasons Sports Club - Power Vinyasa Yoga - Wednesdays and Fridays at 9:30 AM

CareSource - Power Vinyasa Yoga - Thursdays at 11:30 AM

Instant Tax Serice - Power Vinyasa Yoga - Tuesdays and Thursdays at 12:30 PM

Grass Roots Enrichment and Wellness Center - Kids Yoga -Tuesdays at 11:30 AM (ages 3-5) and Saturdays at 11 AM (ages 6-12)

5 comments:

  1. Technical issue resolved. Please feel free to post comments now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy you are awesome - I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy, Great start! Thanks for 'putting yourself out there'. I especially liked your comment about life being to short to feel overwhelmed and not connected to the glorious happenings of present moment. I think yoga helps me with that, too. Brian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great thoughts! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for being who you are Amy! Your openness and inspiration is beautiful.

    Janine

    ReplyDelete